We understand that these are very difficult and stressful times for everyone. PLEASE BE COURTEOUS. Your patience and respect is appreciated. Thank You for your continued support.
**ALL court reservations must be made online. $10.00/non-members, payable by Credit Card only at check-in at tennis facility. Current LPTC Members must SHOW their membership card for check-in, no exceptions.**
**Tennis Court Phone #805-698-5442**
Please follow all CDC guidelines and local orders for our tennis facility. Adhering to these guidelines is important and the failure to support them can jeopardize the operations of the tennis courts. The safety of our players and staff are of the utmost priority.
Operating and Safety Guidelines
- Courts 3-6 can be reserved 8am-12pm and 1pm-7pm Mon-Sat and ALL Courts can be reserved 8am-12pm and 1pm-7pm on Sundays.
- FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED! FACE MASKS MUST BE WORN when entering and exiting the tennis facility AND when checking-in for your court reservation. Any players not wearing a face mask will not be allowed to check-in, enter or play.
- REMINDER to end your tennis match play by 1 hour and 50 minutes.
- ENTER and EXIT ONLY to Tennis Courts by using the walkway from parking lot and main walkway to right of Courts 5 & 6.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled court time to check in with a printed copy of your online payment receipt or have it on your cell phone to show our Volunteer Park Host.
- ALL Players must STOP at Check-In Table every time and show your current LPTC Membership card to our Volunteer Park Hosts or pay $10.00 by credit card only at check-in at tennis courts. We’ve had some Members/Players ignore our Volunteers request to provide Membership or payment.
- PLEASE KEEP 6′ OF PHYSICAL DISTANCE WHEN CHECKING IN.
- Court Reservation times will be for 1 hour 50 minutes. PLEASE ensure that your match is completed within the 1 hour 50 minutes or 10 minutes prior to the next reservation time. For example, an 8am-10am court reservation will need to be finished by 9:50am. This will give you 5 minutes to exit the courts and allow 5 minutes for the next reservation to enter the courts and get ready for their reservation time. Please use this example for all reservation times.
- When checking-in for your court reservation, we’ll need to know the names of each player in your reservation and if they are a member of Las Positas Tennis Courts. This is a recommendation by the USTA to capture accurate information on all players at the courts in case health authorities need to trace who has been onsite.
- PLEASE direct all communication about the tennis courts to the Elings Park Admin Office only. Because of the current health emergency, we are working remotely and can be reached via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Please show up on time. Court reservations will be held for 20 minutes.
- *SUNDAYS ONLY – all six courts available to reserve, same hours as all other days.*
- Current Punch Card holders may use their card for reservation but no new Punch Cards are being sold at this time.
- All players must wear a face mask to enter and exit the Las Positas Tennis Courts but not required while playing tennis, per Santa Barbara County Health Officer Order No. 2020-10.
- Please maintain 6′ physical distance at all times.
- Players should bring/use their own racquets and tennis balls.
- Bring your own water and water bottle.
- Play and Go Format – no congregating – please leave promptly after your reservation.
- No leagues or tournaments permitted.
- Ball Machines and Ball Baskets are allowed to be brought in by member/player with a reservation. LPTC does not have any ball machines or baskets for use.
- Wall is open – please check with Park Host at check-in.
All players and staff must continue to follow orders on social/physical distancing at all times. Before considering a visit to the Las Positas Tennis Courts, please read the following and DO NOT come to the tennis courts facility if any of the following apply:
- You exhibit or experience symptoms of COVID-19
- You received a positive test result for COVID-19
- You had contact with someone who has received a positive COVID-19 test result
- You had contact with someone believed to be infected with COVID-19
- You traveled to a high-risk area in the past 14 days
- You have a cough or any fever
The Tennis Facility Office and Bathrooms will remain closed and locked at this time. All benches, chairs and tables will be roped off or removed from the area to prevent congregating and touching. Additional safety guidelines will be posted at the Tennis Facility – Please take a few minutes to read and follow these guidelines for everyone’s safety.
We appreciate your patience and continued support as we navigate to a new operating model. We are taking all factors into consideration when deciding the next steps for our Tennis Facility. We understand that this is not the ideal operating model, but we’re eager to have our tennis community back playing tennis in a safe and responsible environment while also respecting all comfort levels of social distancing.
Las Positas Tennis Courts
1002 Las Positas Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93105
Get connected to the Las Positas Tennis Community
Tennis Membership Fees & General Info:
Annual Tennis Membership Fees:
- Individual Adult Membership (ages 18 to 62): $250
- Senior Membership (63 and over): $150
- Junior Membership (17 and under): FREE
- Day Pass: $10
- All memberships allow for play seven days per week
- Memberships can be purchased at the tennis facility office or at the Park's administrative office.
For more information call at 805-698-5442 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lessons & Clinics
Instructor: ADAM WEBSTER
Samuel Adam Webster has been a tennis teaching professional for over 15 years and has played at the highest level in juniors, college and the professional ranks. Adam was born and raised in Santa Barbara (Mesa area), to Joseph and Elaine Webster, and attended Monroe elementary, La Cumbre Junior High school, Santa Barbara High School, class of 1997. Adam began playing tennis with his dad and three older brothers, Dan, Alex and Aaron, when he was 6 years old. Adam was a highly ranked SoCal junior tennis player, played national tournaments, and received a partial athletic scholarship to go to college for tennis.
Adam began teaching at Birnumwood Country Club in 2002, after graduating from San Diego State University with a degree in Kinesiology, emphasis on Physical Education. Adam worked alongside his older brothers, Dan and Aaron, for about 2 years, teaching private lessons, clinics, watching the shop/office, and hosting member tennis events. Adam then moved to Santa Barbara Tennis Club in 2004, where he spent the next 12 years, teaching lessons, clinics, directing tournaments, coaching Junior Team Tennis league teams, summer camps, and participated in Men’s interclub. Adam also is the director for the SB Tennis Patrons Schools Program and Match-Point programs. Adam is a USPTA Certified P2 Tennis Professional since 2008, with a certification in teaching 10 and under tennis from the USPTA. Adam holds a Sho-dan (1st degree) Black-belt in Koei-Kan Karate-Do.
Adam would like to build a positive, competitive, organized foundation at Elings Park Tennis Courts, focusing on professionalism, teamwork, character, sportsmanship, and FUN!
Adam Webster lives in Santa Barbara with his wife Lisette and their two kids Isaac and Eva.
Instructor: AARON WEBSTER
A life-long resident of Santa Barbara, California, Aaron Webster’s professional teaching experience spans 2 decades, nurturing and producing some of Santa Barbara’s top ranked junior players, as well as traveling and working with professional men and women players in the ATP and WTA.
Born in 1971, Aaron Webster began playing tennis at the age of 8. His early years were spent playing Santa Barbara Junior Patrons as well as sanctioned Southern California and National tournaments. A graduate of Santa Barbara High School in 1989, Aaron, along with his fellow Dons, lead Santa Barbara High School to 3 CIF State Championships in 1986, 1987 and 1989.
After graduating from Santa Barbara High School, Aaron attended Vanguard University as their # 1 singles and doubles player. His post college playing experience included the professional satellite tour, earning him top ten rankings in the Southern California Men’s Open Singles in 1994 and 1995.
Aaron accepted a teaching position at Birnamwood Country Club in 1999, working with a wide variety of tennis talent. He developed close relationships with club members, organizing tournaments, clinics and matches for all levels of play. In additional to responsibilities at Birnamwood, Aaron also managed to coach the Santa Barbara High School Tennis team in 2002 and 2003, leading them to CIF state semifinals and finals consecutively.
In 2007, Aaron re located to Los Angeles, where he worked and traveled the professional tennis circuit. In 2008, Aaron coached WTA tour pro Olga Govortsova, accompanying her to the Australian Open. Aaron also traveled to Grand Slam tournaments with touring pros Robbie Ginepri, Robert Kendrick and Ryan Sweeting. To this day, Aaron keeps in close contact with the professional players, often offering advice and strategy.
Instructor: ALAN RICHTER
USPTA and PTR Tennis Professional, HPI Mental Toughness Specialist and Sanchez-Casales Spanish Tennis Certified.
Began playing tennis in 1966, high school and community college competition and an active competitive player since 1994
Established AWARENESS TENNIS in 2008 and tennis teaching methodology that combines efficient stroke production, court strategy and mental toughness allowing the the player to maintain the ideal performance state during competition. Has been a USTA 4.0 Mens Captain for 7 years while teaching private and group lessons and clinics for 7 years to all ages and skill levels
Santa Barbara Tennis Patrons Matchpoint Program for 3 years
Established Middle School tennis program in 5 San Jose, Rocketship Charter Schools and the Director of Tennis at Los Positas Tennis Courts, Santa Barbara, Ca.
Established all seasonal and summer tennis programs, Oversaw day to day court operations, Coordinated multiple USTA and City League matches and Currently teaching group and private lessons in Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez. Active Competitor in Men’s and Mixed USTA and Interclub leagues
Contact Alan at 805-259-7679 or email at email@example.com
TENNIS – AGES 5 TO 14
Rise to the next level by gaining a competitive edge in combined high-performance tennis, fitness, and mental toughness program designed for beginners, intermediate and advanced players. Full-day camp from 9 am to 3 pm or half-day camp from 9 am to 12 pm. 6 to 1 player to coach ratio. Match play, tactical and technical drills, ball machine, nutritional, dynamic warm-up and stretching education.
Instructor: ADAM WEBSTER
Instructor: AARON WEBSTER
- The Elings Park Foundation operates and manages the Las Positas Tennis Courts for the benefit of our members and their guests.
- We do not receive any tax dollars. All expenses are covered with program fees and donations only. We do charge a fee to use this facility. We appreciate your support and your understanding.
- Our goal is to offer an affordable, safe, clean and enjoyable place to play tennis.
- Before playing, please check in with the facility manager on duty. If you need assistance, please call our site manager at 805-698-5442 or our park host at 805-698-7064. In an emergency, please call 911.
- As a condition of use of the facility, you agree to use the facility at your own risk. The Foundation or its representatives will not be held liable for any injury or loss associated with using the facility.
- We ask that you wear an appropriate shirt, shorts and shoes while at the facility.
- You are required to wear non-marking tennis shoes only. No black soled shoes are allowed regardless of their warranty against marking.
- Consumption of alcohol or tobacco is not allowed.
- We ask that you respect your fellow members, the Park’s representatives and the facilities. We reserve the right to ask members or visitors to leave the premises for violating the Park rules.
- The tennis courts are to be used to play tennis only unless approved by the management for other purpose.
- We reserve the right to change our fees and policies at any time.
- We reserve the right to cancel the reservation if you are not ready to play within 5 minutes of your scheduled reservation time.
- If there is anyone waiting, court usage will be limited to 1 hour.
- A non-member court pass is valid for 1 hour for singles and 1.5 hours for doubles. The cost is $8 per person.
- If you have any concerns, questions or suggestions about the policies or management of the facilities, please call Elings Park Office at 805-569-561
Congratulations Alan Richter and his UCSB Club Team for winning the 3rd place the USTA Tennis Campus League. Go Gauchos!!!