- $50 dollar deposit to reserve your spot.
- Registration must be paid in full two weeks prior to a tournament.
- Alternative methods may be discussed with tournament director.
Join us on Facebook @
Facebook Youth Baseball Tournaments
2014 Youth Baseball Tournament Schedule:
- July 19th 20th Santa Barbara Getaway
- August 9th & 10th Santa Barbara Getaway # 2
- September 20th 21st September Blast!
- October 11th & 12th Baseball Fest
- November 15th & 16th Fall Championships
July 19/20 Teams in the mix:Teams in the mix consist of teams confirmed and teams still waiting on double confirmation. For a more accurate description of teams, please email Caleb Johnson @ firstname.lastname@example.org Crescentra Sports Association DP Sluggers
Teams that participated last February:10u SB Sharks California 101 SB Potros DP Sluggers VC Tribe Diamond Jaxx Waves Baseball SB Jr. Foresters Simi Vipers 11/12u South Bay Surf TO Thunder So Cal Terror California 101 12u SB Jr. Forester SB Sharks SB Vipers South Bay Surf SLO Tigers VC Prospects 14u California 101 South Bay Surf SB Jr. Foresters Dos Pueblos High Frosh San Marcos
Teams are updated every few days. For further confirmation of teams or to receive a registration form contact sports event director Caleb Johnson at email@example.com or 805-698-2045.
Here is what you can expect at an Elings park Baseball Tournament:
- Freshly prepared Fields before each game
- Lights! Making even night games possible
- 3 adjacent Diamonds with home and away bleachers for full support
- Private and safe venue away from all street and freeway noise
- 2 Minute drive/10 Minute walk to the Beach
- Venue overlooks City of Santa Barbara, ocean as well as surrounding Mountain Range
- Santa Barbara weather of course much much more!
Contact Caleb Johnson at (805) 698-2045 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Field hotline: 698-2045
- Tournament rules are generally based on USSSA rules with the following adaptations. When the interpretation of a rule is in dispute, the Tournament Director will have the final say.
- Divisions are based upon player’s ages as of May 1st, 2013. For example, to play with 13 years olds, a player must not turn 14 before the May 1st 2013 deadline.
- Players may only play on one team in the tournament.
- Birth Certificates: Coaches are required to have copies of birth certificates for all players in their possession at all games.
- Each team is to provide 2 new balls for each game.
- For a weekend tournament, brackets will be posted on Wednesday night before the tournament date. Each team must re-check brackets up until one day before the scheduled event because brackets frequently change. Brackets will be emailed to all coaches. It is the coach’s responsibility to confirm that they received brackets via email.
- If there are not enough teams in single age divisions, Elings reserves the right to create mixed age divisions of 9/10U, 11/12U and 13/14U; 10U will NOT include 8U teams.
- Pitching restrictions for 2013 tournaments are as follows:
7U, 8U 9U, 10U, 11U, 12U: 6 innings in a day, 9 in the tournament
13U, 14U: 7 innings in a day, 11 in the tournament.
15U & up: no pitching restrictions
- It is the responsibility of both teams to report their pitching log to the tournament director after each game. One pitch equals one inning. We reserve the right to not track pitching for any given tournament. In this instance, the pitching restrictions are based on coach’s discretion. We do follow the new USSSA balk rule where a pitcher that steps toward first or third must throw to that base.
- Distances: 8U – 40ft (mound)/60ft (bases); 9U & 10U-46ft (mound)/65 ft (bases); 11U & 12U – 50/70; 13U -54/80 or 60/90 at the discretion of the tournament director; 14U division then 60/90.
- If a pitcher hits 2 batters in an inning or 3 in a game, the umpire at his discretion may require that a pitcher be removed from pitching.
- Teams may elect to bat 9 players AND OR bat 10 players with the 10th player being an EH. The EH is considered a defensive player and may switch in and out defensively. Teams may also use a DH (designated hitter) where one player plays defense only. Teams may also bat their entire roster. If team bats roster or has no subs when a starter is injured, then an out is recorded each time the injured player’s spot comes up. Starters may re-enter one time only in their original spot.
- Teams may play with 8 players with an out being taken for each time the 9th spot comes up. 9th player may be added any time during the game.
- Length of game: 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 year old divisions will play 6 innings with no new inning after 1:45 hrs. 13 and above will play 7 innings with no new inning after 1:45 hours. Extra innings are played if there is still time on clock. If time expires in a tie game in pool play, game is called a tie. Once an inning begins, it must be completed. There will be no time limit on championship games. Every effort will be made to finish tournament but in case of rain, darkness or other acts of God, Director reserves the right to shorten games or modify schedules in order to finish event. Rainout policy is as follows. No games played- 100% refund or credit. 1 Game played- 50% off future tournament. 2 games played- no refunds.
- Mercy rules: 15 runs after 3 innings; 10 after 4 innings and 8 runs after 5 innings.
- Home team will be determined by a coin flip. In playoffs, higher seeded team will be home team. In the event, two teams have the same seeding, the home team will be determined by a coin flip. Each team will provide a scorekeeper with all changes going through home plate umpire.
- Seeding rules during the tournament will be defined on the Tournament Bracket document.
- All protests will be ruled on immediately and all decisions are final. No pre-game infield on any of the fields. Warm up in foul territory only.
- Any team forfeiting a game may not advance to playoff round.
- For 8U, no lead off until ball crosses the plate. Bunting and stealing is allowed for 8U.
- For 8U there will be a 5 run per inning limit.
- Courtesy runners will be allowed for the pitcher or catcher at any time. The courtesy runner will be someone not currently in the lineup. If a team does not have a sub player, they may not use a courtesy runner. A courtesy runner may only run one time per inning. If both teams bat their entire lineup and both coaches agree before the game starts, they may use the last out as a courtesy runner for the catcher only. It is the base runner’s responsibility to avoid contact with the fielder when he has the ball. Slide or avoid is in effect at all times when fielder is in possession of ball. Intentionally running into a fielder who is in possession of the ball is grounds for ejection.
- Metal cleats are allowed for 10U and older teams.
- All conversations with an umpire should be conducted after a time out has been called and be held in a calm and professional manner. Verbal abuse of the umpire will not be tolerated and may result in ejection from the game.
- Any player, manager or coach ejected from the game will sit out the next game also. Managers are responsible for the conduct of his players and fans.
- To intentionally walk a batter, a coach simply needs to inform the umpire and point to first base. No pitches are thrown.
- Any team using illegal players shall be subject to discipline ranging from forfeiting a game to ejection from tournament.
- Mechanical noise makers are not allowed.
- Visits to the Mound: You must remove a pitcher for the second trip to the mound in an inning. In the umpire’s discretion, a mound visit may be charged if a coach gives an instruction to another player and that player goes and talks to the pitcher
Roster & Liability Release
Baseball Tournament Sponsorship
Santa Barbara PONY Baseball
Our Tournament Sponsors enjoy the following benefits:
Creation of 6′ by 3′ Banner and posting the Banner on our Softball Fields which are viewed by 220,000 visitors annually!
- Sponsors promotion on our website as well as through our kiosk boards for the full year
- Placement on our Vendor List for a full year
- Name of Sponsor on Each of the trophies given out
- Large Banner at park entrance reading: ”Welcome to the 2012 Elings Park baseball Tournament Sponsored by________________” (Sponsors logo included)
Sponsorship is only $5,000 and covers you for the whole year
If you would like to be a Tournament Sponsor, please contact Danny Vickers
at 805-569-5611 ext. 12 or at email@example.com.